Saturday, March 10, 2018

Zig and Zag with the Sisters


Edna and the sisters are back with a fun new challenge: Z is for Zigzag! Works whether you pronounce the letter as 'zed' or 'zee', and that's just in English. :D A few years ago chevrons were a big trend for a while, although some purists even then insisted that technically the design element was really zigzags. 
I played around with a bunch of ideas, and then the other morning noticed a roll of washi tape my brother gave me a couple of years ago, and the card evolved around that: 


Picking up on one of the colours in the washi, I coloured up this crazy bird. I added a little more zigzag interest under the right side of the panel and a little brushstroke stamp for my bird to stand on. I tried to pick a good sentiment for his expression.
The sisters zigzagged in all different directions with their creations for this challenge, as did our current Queen and guest designer, CG! I bet you have something zigzaggy in your supplies, so why not come and play along? 

Supplies: white, black & Stampin' Up smoky slate cardstock, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bird Crazy stamps & dies, Technique Tuesday You're Not Normal & Stamplorations Holiday Artsy stamps, Versafine onyx black, MFT black licorice & Versacolor sky grey inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, Copic & Spectrum Noir markers, Winnie & Walter Katharine dies, Scotch washi tape, foam tape

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Majo said...

How come this is so much you? Great job, Sistah ♥

Barbara Godden said...

I agree with Majo, I could pick your card out if there were no names under the pics. Awesome card, perfect washi tape and that bird!! beautifully coloured.

Dotty Jo said...

Yep, got your signature style all over it! Love it, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

I was so drawn to that amazing washi tape that I failed to notice the bit of black zigzags on the right side! Brilliant card! (And yes, I agree with all three above!)

Jane Willis said...

I'm with the sistahs, this great card is totally you. And I think I'm a zig zag purist - to me, chevrons have to have curved lines.
Jane

Darnell said...

Love, love, love this zigzaggy card, Lindsey! Great color on that bug-eyed long-beaked psychiatric bird! I like that! Hugs, Darnell

Carol said...

Great card love how the one of the washi colours matches perfectly with the crazy bird xx